SCANTEAM® 8310 is a reduced feature set member of the SCANTEAM
8300 family of check reader products. All ST8300 products contain
FLASH memory which allows for easy firmware upgrades in the field
without the need to disassemble the product, and a magnetic read head
for MICR data capture.
SCANTEAM® 8310 contains communications support for traditional PC
COM ports for PC-POS applications, many PC and video terminal keyboards
in a keyboard wedge mode, as well as support for communications with
many credit authorization terminals, including Hypercom™, Data Card™,
Verifone Tranz™, and ZON™ series products.
SCANTEAM® 8310 was developed to specifically help retail and
financial systems integrators become more flexible in their data
capture capability. The ST8310 can adapt to a variety of applications,
giving the integrator the ability to better control fraud, as well as
further enhance customer service.
- Fits neatly into all transaction installations.
Direct Connect Interfaces
- The ST8310 can communicate to a host device using bar code wand emulation, or via serial RS-232.
Optional MSR Port
- Allows for the attachment of a 1, 2, or 3 track integrated MSR
reader. Includes internal MSR data formatting capability.
Motorized Check Handling and Transport
- Motorized paper transport for quick, easy check handling, and a high first pass good read rate.
Flash Memory-Based Firmware
- Easy and fast firmware modifications. Allows field program memory
upgrades for future enhancements without a "chip change." Fully
programmable output data editing capability - not restricted to a
limited dip-switch based selection. Supports host download of all
parameter and MICR exception table data.
MICR Line Exception Table
- Unique parsing instructions for non-standard MICR line data is stored
in FLASH memory exception table. MICR exception table may be field
updated using MICR programming checks or serial RS-232 download.
E13-B and CMC-7 MICR Font Auto-Discrimination
- The ST8310 can read documents encoded with either E-13B or CMC-7
fonts. This feature is useful for installations near international
borders where financial documents may be encoded in either font.